From a one-man operation to one of the most modern manufacturing companies in the saw blade industry
WALTER GmbH has been a byword for precision carbide tipped saw blades for over 55 years. Today, we primarily supply original equipment manufacturers, as well as national and international wholesalers, with precision saw blades. WALTER even produces the saw bodies required for saw blade production in-house. That's because maximum quality can only be guaranteed when the complete manufacturing process takes place in house. For several years now, all of the saw bodies manufactured by our company have been needed for in-house saw blade production. Previously, we were able to supply competitors in Germany and abroad with our saw bodies.
Standing still means a step backwards. That is why we continually develop optimised tooth shapes and cutting geometries. Our goal: more operating comfort through the reduction of noise and vibration. We make use of state-of-the-art electronic measuring devices in our work.
Your WALTER added values
- More than 55 years of know-how
- The reliability and dependability of a well-managed family business
- Expert advice in the selection of your saw blades
- Impressive price-performance ratio – very high quality standard combined with moderate, customer-friendly pricing policy
- Helmut Walter laid the foundation stone for the WALTER company in Dornhan in 1961. At the outset, the range of services included the manufacture of special carbide tools, a sharpening service for carbide tipped saw blades and needs-oriented retipping.
- The company moved its headquarters to Vöhringen in 1980. Due to its direct connection to the BAB 81 Stuttgart-Singen motorway, this location offers an outstanding transport infrastructure and lots of room for further growth.
- The production of carbide saw blades with diameters up to 550 mm for processing wood, plastic, non-ferrous metals and steel has been carried out in-house since 1985.
- In 1993, the desire to respond to customer requests with even greater flexibility led to the idea of also taking control of saw body production. Converting the company into WALTER GmbH was the first step. Inauguration of the new building with 1,200 m² of production area and new machines for the production of saw bodies for carbide-tipped and diamond saw blades followed in 1995.
- The expansion of operations was accompanied by increased demand for staff. With the addition of Thomas Walter, a business graduate (BA) with a specialisation in international marketing, the second generation joined the firm. Since then, he has been responsible for the purchasing, sales and marketing departments. Personnel reinforcement was also necessary in production. Certified master craftsman Michael Walter therefore also decided to join the firm and has been responsible for the production of saw bodies and saw blades since then.
- 2011 – WALTER celebrates 50th anniversary
- A further investment in the future took place in 2016 with a new, fresh corporate design and a state-of -the art website in six languages. It also displays perfectly on mobile devices, thanks to responsive web design.